Thursday, August 16, 2012

Style Me Pretty



style is still evolving, and will hopefully continue to evolve over time based on my experiences, and maturity. Right now, my style is one that emphasizes comfort, emits a certain "homey" warmth, and uses a variety of textures to make a room come to life. I adore exposed brick and hardwood, warm/neutral color palettes and pieces of furniture that can speak for themselves! Artwork, windows, mirrors, fabric and light fixtures should  be seriously thought about as they will make all the difference in the character of the room--
a room that has character has my heart! Here are some examples of my friend's home that is my kind of style...you'll want to move right in!


The hardwoods, and green cabinet stain paired with wooden beams, and the copper stove awning/vent make for an inviting kitchen
the wooden walls (versus paint/wallpaper) paired with the brick chimmny and warm colors make for a perfect relaxing area!

The wooden ceiling paired with this cool blue paint and cream bedding make for a calming bedroom

What a fun entry way! The brick flooring, carved wooden door and playful wallpaper make you happy you stepped in the door!

this dining room is sophisticated yet comfortable. Its a very open area, opening up to the sitting room versus being set apart in a separate room. 
this sitting room is again, sophisticated, yet extremely comfortable due to the many seating options and fabric choices. 

As far as my style goes in arenas other than interior design, I'm all over the place. My pinterest would be a great place to look for an assortment of takes on my personal style...ranging from food, clothing, travel, crafts, photography and life in general. here is the link and here are a few pins that you could find on any given day that exemplify my taste and style.:


script and print combo via Etsy.

Stardust Silver Camera Strap






small things, great love.

Still time...


bike


oh my word.

must have noww

Gorgeous goldie

from dogs, to love, to bikes, food, art, quotes, and apparel, my pinterest says it all and gives you a little idea of what I have my eye on these days. I love color, character, and images that provoke some sort of feeling/emotion--these are the most memorable. My style focus is obviously very wide, but in a nutshell, I would say is one that is very approachable. Every picture in some way makes me feel happy and at ease which is what I hope to accomplish when designing homes in the future. 












1 comment:

  1. Emily - I think the overall design and setup of your blog looks really nice. You have done a good job of beginning to tell the story of who you are as a designer by sharing thoughtful insight and links. For your corrections I think the only thing I will have you alter is the 'your style' post. In addition to the information you presented regarding interiors add some images and information that demonstrate your other elements of style including fashion, travel, music, etc.

    ReplyDelete